Sunday, August 31, 2014

The day we met (Maurix`s Version)

I will never forget how lost we were a Saturday evening in Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia. I was with two friends doing an Eastern Europe trip. ( according to Nika , Slovakia is middle Europe, do never say to her the opposite)

Ok, we were doing a Middle Europe Trip, we did Prague, we did Hungary , we did Austria and our final destination was Slovakia.



For some reason, we lost twice the bus to get to Bratislava so we got there at 7:30 pm. It was winter and we arrived there at night!

As we arrived to the bus station, we though with my friends to catch a public bus and visit the downtown as soon as possible. Our flight back was at 5 am so we didn't have so much time to see the city.

I looked for the bus routes and I saw the bus we needed was just waiting there. Hoping my friends will follow me, I got in and the driver closed the doors. At that moment i realize that my friends were not with me. I rang the bell to make the bus open the door but he did open the door so I went to talk to the bus driver. Of course, he did not speak english at all so it was useless. I had to wait until the next stop ( which was like 1 km away). I went finally down and I started to walk back trying to follow the same route.

In the mean time, my friends saw the bus leaving so they started to follow it.

It was night, cold and the streets were empty.

During my walk back to the bus stop where I left my friends, my friends found me first. The thing was, they saw me walking alone and they though it would be funny to hide and scare me! Will never forget that one!!

Once we got together, we started to walk to downtown! It was a nice walk of around 30 minutes.

We were really tired but we decided to have a look at that shiny castle on a hill. We went up and as I was not using my camera, I did this picture where you can see the Danube River with an amazing bridge that cross it.

Photo


After this long walk, we went to the trip officials restaurant : Mc Donalds. We sat there for an hour, we went to toilets and we looked for a way to get to the airport. At this moment all we wanted was to have some rest and maybe sleep at the airport.

After some research we decided to go by walk.


After all, a 2 hours walk did sound so bad. We needed to save some money.

So we started to walk and after two blocks we stopped!


I pasted this picture above because on that square, Hlavnè NĂ mestie, at sometime around 10/31/10, 10:02 PM UTC:

I MET NIKA

She was walking with two more friends and me an my friends stopped them to ask them how far were we from airport. Of course, they laught! What else could they do? We were 2 hours walking away from the airport. Nika, as always, she was really sweet and helpful and she said she could take us to a bus stop to get a bus to the airport.

We took a really nice tram and we have a short talk. My english was not so good at that time.


We went down and she walks us to the bus stop, and just before she left, I took some courage and I asked for her facebook.

My life has changed many times over my life, school, uni, sport, travels. But that day, my life changed in some other way. 

In a way ill never forget!

0 comments:

Post a Comment